Data Protection and Confidentiality Policy
Parent 4 Change Parent /Carer Forum in Middleborough recognises that we hold sensitive/confidential information about children and their families and the steering group parent /carers and volunteers who form our membership. This information is used to ensure we can contact our members to inform them of updates, meetings and other relevant events.
We also hold emergency contact details to ensure we promote a duty of care to our members in the event of an emergency.
We store all records in a locked cabinet or on the office computer with files that are password protected in line with data protection principles
This policy sits alongside the Privacy Notice to ensure compliance under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
Middlesbrough Parents 4 Change will fully comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Data Protection principles which state that information must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with individuals rights
- Kept secure
- Not transferred without adequate protection
Parents4Change recognises that the above principles relate to both paper and electronic systems of record keeping.
The information will not be disclosed to any other party unless with specific permission of the person it relates to. The membership database may only be held by named members of the steering group or staff who have read, understood and signed this policy.
- We follow the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 with regard to the storage of data and access to it.
It is our intention to respect the privacy of children and their families and we do so by:
- Storing confidential records in a locked filing cabinet or on the office computer with files that are password protected
- Ensuring new members receive training relating to the Policies and Procedures of the Forum.
- Ensuring new members receive an induction and access to the relevant documents e.g. Code of Conduct to promote awareness of the importance of confidentiality and that information about children and families is not shared outside of the forum,
- Personal information relating to members is not shared with friends and family, discussions on the bus or at the local bar. Any breach of confidentiality may result in GDPR investigations and may result in the Forum implementing their HR policies and, in serious cases, dismissal or disciplinary action.
- Members and Volunteers are advised of our confidentiality policy & required to respect it
- Ensuring Forum members, staff, and volunteers are aware of and follow our social networking policy in relation to confidentiality
- Ensuring issues concerning the employment of staff remain confidential to the people directly involved with making personnel decisions
All the undertakings above are subject to the paramount commitment of the Forum, which is to the safety and well-being of our children and families..
General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) compliance
In order to meet our requirements under GDPR we will also undertake the following:
- We will ensure our terms & conditions, privacy and consent notices are easily accessed/made available in an accurate and easy to understand language.
- We will use your data only to contact you.
- We will not share or use your data for other purposes.
- Everyone should be aware that people have the right to access their records or have their records amended or deleted (within the legal timeframes subject to other laws and regulations).
Staff and volunteer information
- All information and records relating to staff will be kept confidentially in a locked cabinet
- Individuals may request to see the information held on them.
Hints and tips
For more information on data protection and to register your organisation ( if applicable)
News & Events
Short Breaks and Support for Families
From Friday 5th October 2018
FREE Max Cards are now available to eligible families in Middlesbrough!
The Max Card is a discount card for fosters families and families of children with additional needs.
The official discount card for people with disabilities in the UK
Providing exclusive and market leading discounts with your favourite brands, service and entertainment providers.